The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Invincible but active buttons in different sheets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SteffenG Posted - 09/07/2012 : 05:51:40 AM
Origin 8.6G SR3 @ Win 7

Hello all,

I struggled over a bug in Origin. If I use buttons at work books with several sheets these buttons are not only active in the sheet where they were defined. The buttons are invincible but active and clickable in all the other sheets as well. This means it may happen that you click at a free area at a sheet and you will activate the button which is defined at another sheet of that work book.

To make it more clearly please follow this instruction to see what I mean:
1. Start Origin with a workbook with one sheet (or layer - I don't know the exact translation to Origin-english) with at least one column.
2. Create a second sheet within the workbook with also at least one column.
3. Create at the first sheet a button with a script which fills the first column like "col(1)=data(1,10);".
4. Switch to the second sheet and click at the area where the former created button is situated at the first sheet.
5. You will mention that you can press the invincible button from the first sheet. But the script works on the second sheet. The first column from the second sheet will be filled also.

I think this is really a bug. May be this could be fixed within the next service release.

Best regards,
Steffen
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 09/07/2012 : 3:40:29 PM
Thank you for reporting this, but there are no more scheduled Service Releases for 8.6. If the button is attached to "Layer Frame" or "Layer and Scales" then the script only runs on the first sheet (so your button must be attached to "Page".)

The problem does not exist in current Origin 9 beta builds or in versions earlier than 8.6. In 8.6 you should limit buttons to single-sheet workbooks or create a custom toolbar and attach your scripts to those buttons.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000