The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 bypass pop-up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coll@inia. Posted - 12/05/2012 : 05:23:41 AM
Origin Ver.8.6 Operating System:win7

I am using the function wclear to automatically clear the contents of several worksheets.

It works beautifully but a long pop-up appears asking confirmation and I have to confirm many times my decision, is there a way to avoid the pop-ups to appear?

Thanks a lot, julio
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coll@inia. Posted - 12/06/2012 : 07:40:20 AM
dear Greg,
adding your simple msg:=0 script to each of the wclear w:= number of sheets, worked just fine!. No more confirmation messages appeared!!!!

I just wanted the msgs do not appear after the clearing of each of the many worksheets, although it was interesting to know how to remake the menus!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!, julio
greg Posted - 12/05/2012 : 5:09:06 PM
The X-Function that is used for the Worksheet : Clear Worksheet menu option is wclear. This function has an option to display the Attention! message or not.

You cannot modify the behavior of the built-in menu, but you could create a Custom menu with an entry that uses the function with the message turned off using this script:

wclear msg:=0;

Select Tools : Custom Menu Organizer
On the Add Custom Menu tab, right-click in the gray box and choose "New Main Popup". You can edit the Popup Text. This is what will appear on the Origin menu.
Right-click on the added menu and choose "Add Item"
Item text could be changed to Clear Worksheet (no prompt) and paste the above script.
Uncheck the Graph and Matrix boxes so the menu is disabled when those windows are active. (wclear only works for worksheets)
Click Close and respond Yes to save your changes.

When a worksheet is active, you should see a new main menu option with a popup option that clears worksheets without prompting.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000