The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 select /activate graphic objects

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coll@inia. Posted - 12/06/2012 : 12:35:19 PM
Origin Ver.8.5 Operating System:win7

I have graphs in which there are about a hundred objects drawn (mostly text and arrows) and one polygon (Labtalk name: polygon).

How can I select/activate that polygon by labtalk scripts?

The reason is for then to apply some menu -e options to the selected object (in this case a polygon).

In other words, I am trying to do the same by scripting than manually clicking on the polygon to select it.

I tried many different possible ways with no success. No option is offered in the web nor in the guides. Still it looks to me like something that should be easy to do!

Many thanks for your help!
julio
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coll@inia. Posted - 12/22/2012 : 05:19:05 AM
I just found out a solution to the "front-back" problem.

When I first draw the polygon now, I right click on it and check out the "push to back of data" option. It is not the default option. Now everything else in the graphic goes in front of the polygon after the script execution!

Hope it helps to anyone interested......
& Thank you for your ideas
cheers, julio
coll@inia. Posted - 12/11/2012 : 04:22:39 AM
Thanks for your attempts Greg.

I know the name of the object, it is polygon.
I just want to move polygon behind (back) to the other objects present in the window. I only know of a way to do that and it is by:
menu -e 35497;
However to apply that menu I need to select first the polygon!!! That was my question.

Any other ideas??
Is there any other command to move behind polygon?

thanks, julio
greg Posted - 12/10/2012 : 1:15:27 PM
There aren't many commands that mimic user behavior - such as clicking on an object to select it. That's what users are for! ;-)

Such a command - if it existed - would of course need to specify what object, but if you know the object name then you probably can already do what you want to the object through script.

Right-click on the object and go to Programming Control to find the Object Name. Then type
ObjectName.=
in the Script or Command Window and press Enter to see the list of properties you can potentially change.
coll@inia. Posted - 12/07/2012 : 03:40:14 AM
Thank you but I already checked it.
No ideas for just selecting a graphic object that I can see there!

Thanks, julio
cdrozdowski111 Posted - 12/06/2012 : 9:21:05 PM
I'm not sure if it is supported in your version of OL, but you can check out Graphic Objects:

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Data_Types_and_Variables#Graphic_Objects

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000