The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 delay in worksheet after sorting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coll@inia. Posted - 12/16/2012 : 3:51:27 PM
Origin Ver. 8.6 win7
After I sort a worksheet of about 20 columns x 1000 rows for order in one column either manually or by script I am getting a delay in any of the subsequent operations on that worksheet. I have to extract the worksheet contents to a new worksheet to regain the normal working speed.

What am I doing wrong? Does anybody knows how to order a worksheet without getting that delay?

Thank you, julio
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coll@inia. Posted - 12/22/2012 : 1:30:56 PM
Thank you Kathy.

I sent to Origin by FTP the file Fig2JCOLL.ORIGIN, with the Sheet which has the delay problems.

The screen refreshing delay only appeared after the means+outliers buttom was executed on raw data. You can reproduce the problem by copying independently the data and the buttom to other fresh sheet not by duplicating the sheet!

I also send an email with more explanations.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

thank you for your attention, Julio
Kathy_Wang Posted - 12/20/2012 : 03:47:48 AM
Hi,

I tried to sort a worksheet with size 20 * 1000, but cannot see the delay problem. Is it possible that you share the Origin project file of your data with us, so we could try to reproduce the problem?

To send file to us, please click the Send Files to Tech Support button in the top right corner of the forum main page.

Kathy
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000