The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Origin to Powerpoint

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Taron Posted - 04/23/2014 : 06:29:40 AM
Origin Ver. 8.6 b70
Operating System: Windows 7

Hey fellow labtalk scripters,

I have a nicely working Labtalk script which outputs me some data and some graphs that I have to include into a Powerpoint file.
Getting the graphs to powerpoint is nice, fast and easy but exporting the data is still a bit of a problem.

Copy/Paste from Origin to Powerpoint does not seem to work so the only way I could think of was to use Excel as an intermediate step. As I can easily open an empty excel workbook in my origin I can copy the data to this excel worksheet and into my Powerpoint afterwards. Howvever I have to do this a lot and it would be much more convenient if I could just open an excel sheet automatically using Labtalk and copy all data from my Origin worksheet to this excel sheet.

Is there any way to do this or is there an even easier way to get my data from an origin worksheet into a nicely looking Powerpoint slide?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 05/01/2014 : 09:34:19 AM
As long as your worksheets are not too big (less than 50 rows or so and less than 10 columns or so) then you could use a script like this:
// BEGIN SCRIPT
doc -e W
{
range raSh = 1!;
win -t plot Origin;
layer.showx = 0;
layer.showy = 0;
label -r legend;
label -r XB;
label -r YL;
insert_wks_to_layer name:=%(raSh) ogname:=%H;
bmp.width = page.width;
bmp.height = page.height;
bmp.top = 0;
bmp.left = 0;
}
// END SCRIPT
to create graph pages with images of all your worksheets.

Note that if you choose to push your graphs to PowerPoint as "Embedded Object", you should NOT double-click on the worksheet image slides. Doing so would open Origin, but Origin would not have access to the original data and the image would become invalid and the PowerPoint slide for that worksheet would become empty. Editing by double-clicking on graphs will work as usual. pushing as "Picture" is a safer option in this case.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000