The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Broken character encoding in .omc files

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ipochiwi Posted - 10/28/2015 : 06:21:52 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2015 (64-bit) b9.2.214
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

I've been experiencing a character encoding problem since switching to 2015.

I have a bunch of labtalk scripts in individual .ogs files, which I pack in a .omc once in a while to distribute it to coworkers. Therefore I go to Tools -> Custom Menu Organizer and copy and paste the scripts from the Code Builder.

There are some literal µs in my labtalk scripts:

Which break once I save them in the .omc:

libmagic tells me that the labtalk scripts are encoded in latin1, while my .omc file is encoded in UTF8. So I checked whether previous Origin versions used different encodings, but it seems to have always been latin1 and UTF8. I tried to replace the broken µs manually with UTF8 encoded ones anyways, but they also break:

Best regards
Simon
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ipochiwi Posted - 11/05/2015 : 06:55:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by cpyang
Escape notation can be visualized only in places where rich text can be displayed, like as text annotations on a graph, or in worksheet cells where rich text was enabled. By default, Units cell was enabled as Rich Text.

If you have a student version, you are entitled to new version free of charge as long as your student version has not expired. Just download the 2016 demo, install it on the same PC where you had installed 2015, and get license again. As long as same PC, you can have both 2015 and 2016 installed and both will work.

CP

That solves my issue and answered my questions, thank you both very much for your replies!

Best Regards
Simon
cpyang Posted - 11/04/2015 : 4:31:14 PM
quote:

That works for me. I don't understand however, in which contexts this escape sequence is interpreted, as it is not when I enter the following in a command window:

test$=\g(m);
test$=;
> \g(m)

Escape notation can be visualized only in places where rich text can be displayed, like as text annotations on a graph, or in worksheet cells where rich text was enabled. By default, Units cell was enabled as Rich Text.

quote:

If this is a regression bug, are you not going to fix it in 2015 too? I am on a students license and I don't think I am eligible to upgrade to 2016 SR0 without buying a new license.

Best regards
Simon

If you have a student version, you are entitled to new version free of charge as long as your student version has not expired. Just download the 2016 demo, install it on the same PC where you had installed 2015, and get license again. As long as same PC, you can have both 2015 and 2016 installed and both will work.

CP
ipochiwi Posted - 11/04/2015 : 05:22:39 AM
Thank you for your replies.

quote:
Originally posted by SeanMao

Can you try to change the line with greek symbol as:

col(2)[U]$=\g(m)A;

That works for me. I don't understand however, in which contexts this escape sequence is interpreted, as it is not when I enter the following in a command window:

test$=\g(m);
test$=;
> \g(m)

quote:
Originally posted by SeanMao

The issue you have reported is implemented in our newly released Origin 2016 SR0 and it is a confirmed bug in Origin 2015. It also well functions in Origin 9.1.

You can download an Origin 2016 free trial to see it from link below:
http://originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

If this is a regression bug, are you not going to fix it in 2015 too? I am on a students license and I don't think I am eligible to upgrade to 2016 SR0 without buying a new license.

Best regards
Simon
SeanMao Posted - 11/02/2015 : 02:34:42 AM
Hi Simon,

The issue you have reported is implemented in our newly released Origin 2016 SR0 and it is a confirmed bug in Origin 2015. It also well functions in Origin 9.1.

You can download an Origin 2016 free trial to see it from link below:
http://originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Regards!

Sean
cpyang Posted - 10/30/2015 : 10:58:53 PM
I have created ORG-13866, so we can investigate.

CP
SeanMao Posted - 10/28/2015 : 10:01:52 PM
Hi,

Can you try to change the line with greek symbol as:

col(2)[U]$=\g(m)A;

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000