The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Edit data range in plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dalee Posted - 11/04/2009 : 11:14:03 AM
Originpro 8.0 SR6, Win XP
I am trying to find code that will allow me to alter the display range of a simple xy scatter or line plot. At the moment I am either altering the range from the plot setup window or by right clicking on the data and "edit range". However, I am sure there must be a quicker way of doing this for several data plots, ideally using the command window? Has anyone any suggestions?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SeanMao Posted - 01/11/2016 : 10:32:23 PM
Hi,

Right now there is no direct way to do so. You will still need to find the row index for nearest X and Y value using xindex function and after that use row index to set data plot display range.

Our LabTalk commands cover all of the controls in Plot Details dialog, can you be more specific on what functionality you are looking for?

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech.

quote:
Originally posted by ben.adam

quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

To set the display range for all dataplots in the active graph layer, use the following:

doc -e D {set %C -b 5; set %C -e 10}; //you just need to change the 5 and 10 numbers to whatever you want as your start and end

OriginLab Technical Support

Digging this up after a while. I was hoping LT could add some more functionality over the 'plot details' GUI. Specifically, I would like to edit the plot data range not by index but by x or y value, is that at all possible with any version?

Thanks

Benjamin Adam
Portland State / Oregon State University
Materials Engineering

ben.adam Posted - 01/11/2016 : 2:55:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

To set the display range for all dataplots in the active graph layer, use the following:

doc -e D {set %C -b 5; set %C -e 10}; //you just need to change the 5 and 10 numbers to whatever you want as your start and end

Digging this up after a while. I was hoping LT could add some more functionality over the 'plot details' GUI. Specifically, I would like to edit the plot data range not by index but by x or y value, is that at all possible with any version?

Thanks

Benjamin Adam
Portland State / Oregon State University
Materials Engineering
dalee Posted - 11/05/2009 : 04:28:24 AM
That's exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks Laurie
Laurie Posted - 11/04/2009 : 5:35:35 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000