The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Using Workbook names as Legend and Graph Names

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hegmafor Posted - 01/11/2010 : 07:28:11 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello,

I am not even sure if this belongs to the LaTalk Forum but I think thats probably the way to do what I am looking for:
I import multiple files each one in a new workbook. Now I want to use the names of the imported files as legend and as the name for the graph window. Is there a way to put this in a graph template?
I have never looked into programming in Origin before so please excuse me if his is a stupid question or doesnt even belong in this forum.

Thank you
Mike

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ata Posted - 09/04/2014 : 04:29:36 AM
Ah, that is perfect. Thank you very much.
greg Posted - 09/03/2014 : 08:58:50 AM
Only with a little work ...
See this post:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19909
ata Posted - 09/03/2014 : 07:19:23 AM
Hi,
a bit late to the party, but I have exactly the same problem: I import data to many workbooks, and when I plot them, it'd be really handy to make the graph windows' long names match the workbooks' names. Is there any way to do this automatically? I'm using Origin 8.

BR

-ata
Hegmafor Posted - 01/16/2010 : 1:45:39 PM
Thank you that worked quite nicely!

Now the only thing left is how to automatically name the graph window in the same way ?
easwar Posted - 01/11/2010 : 11:18:24 AM
Hi Mike,

Once you plot your graph with data from the multiple books, double click on the graph to open Plot Details dialog. Then select the top Graph node level on left panel and then the Legends/Titles tab on the right panel.

Then in the Auto Legend group change the drop-down to Custom. In the edit box below that you can enter syntax for building legend from different entities such as book short or long name, sheet name etc. Press F1 to open the help file to see the syntax.

For example to use book long name you can enter @WL in the edit box.
Once you do this you can save the graph as a template for repeat use including this legend setting.

Such legend configuration can also be done from script with command such as:
legendupdate mode:=7 custom:="@WL";

Easwar
OriginLab

P.S. With graph active, you can also use the menu item Graph:Update Legend and use the dialog that opens to configure the legend

Also, you need to configure your import so that the correct information is used to set the long name etc of the book so this can then work.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000