The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 How to convert source file to preprocessed file?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chintan Posted - 12/11/2012 : 04:52:54 AM
we have developed a software using one of the Nantional Instrument's software paltform and is linked with Origin so that the data

transfered from our software will get analyzed. now the issue is whenever the version of Origin is changes, we need to update our

softwaer to make it compatible to newer version of Origin. i read in one of the Origin C user guide that if we link the external file as

.op file instead of source file then it will be version independent. does it mean that if we change the file format to .op file we need

not to update our files for newer version of Origin? if yes how to conver the .c file to .op files for Origin C. explain with example.

please help.

cmbhatt
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Penn Posted - 12/14/2012 : 04:04:26 AM
Hi,

To use the .op file, you still needs to compile and link it. In Code Builder, open the .op file (when select the .op file, please check Add to Workspace check-box), and then build the .op file just like building the source file, by menu Tools: Build.

Penn
chintan Posted - 12/13/2012 : 11:52:30 PM
Hi Penn,

Ok what i did is i removed all my source file from the workspace and now tried to compile one by one and tried to generate .op file for each of them. so, after generating this .op file how can i link it to Origin??

i have created .op file for each sorce file now.

regards

Chintan
Hi,

Sorry that I did not provide the tip that, if the source file is already in the current workspace, the Add to Workspace menu item will be disable.

Penn
[/quote]

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 12/13/2012 : 9:32:09 PM
Hi,

Sorry that I did not provide the tip that, if the source file is already in the current workspace, the Add to Workspace menu item will be disable.

Penn
chintan Posted - 12/13/2012 : 07:56:16 AM
Hi Penn,

thanks for your promt reply, i ran the script but the add to workspace tab is not active on my code builder. so unable to add source file to it but there is a folder called "System", which contains all these source file.while righ clicking on the workspace we have ticked the option that built on start up. what to do now ??

thanks and regards

To create .op file, you can follow the steps below.

1. Open the Command Window by menu Window: Command Window.
2. Run the following script in Command Window to set @OCSB system variable to 0, which makes Origin to generate .op file.

@OCSB = 0;

If you want to create an encrypted .op file, also run the following command. Note, only OriginPro is able to create an encrypted .op file.

@OCSE = 1;

3. In Code Builder (open by menu View: Code Builder), load the source file into Code Builder, and add this file to current workspace (by Code Builder menu File: Add to Workspace).
4. Compile and link the source file by Code Builder menu Tools: Build.

Then you can find the .op file generated in the same folder of the source file.

Origin provides the 64-bit version since Origin 8.6. Before Origin 8.6, you can only generate .op file for 32-bit version.

Penn
[/quote]

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 12/13/2012 : 05:00:52 AM
Hi,

To create .op file, you can follow the steps below.

1. Open the Command Window by menu Window: Command Window.
2. Run the following script in Command Window to set @OCSB system variable to 0, which makes Origin to generate .op file.

@OCSB = 0;

If you want to create an encrypted .op file, also run the following command. Note, only OriginPro is able to create an encrypted .op file.

@OCSE = 1;

3. In Code Builder (open by menu View: Code Builder), load the source file into Code Builder, and add this file to current workspace (by Code Builder menu File: Add to Workspace).
4. Compile and link the source file by Code Builder menu Tools: Build.

Then you can find the .op file generated in the same folder of the source file.

Origin provides the 64-bit version since Origin 8.6. Before Origin 8.6, you can only generate .op file for 32-bit version.

Penn
chintan Posted - 12/13/2012 : 02:43:06 AM
Hi Penn,

Thanks for your reply, i have this user guide and i have read this comments for how to create .op file. but still not sure how, so need help with example so that i do not make any kistake while creating .op file.

and as you have raised one more issue of 32 bit/ 64 bit, i think then that also we need to look into so that we do not face any problem further. i will need help how to take care of this issue also.

we are using Origin 8 SR4 right now. your valuable response will help me in resolveing my lot of issues.

once again thanks for your concern
to make .op
quote:
Originally posted by Penn

Hi,

Please tell which version you have used to make the .op file, and then update to which version to use this .op file? If you have made this .op file in old version for 32-bit, and now using the 64-bit version of Origin, that will be not compatible.

The .op file is able to be generated by compiling the source file. However, by default, Origin will generate the object file (.ocb) instead of .op file after compiling the source file. To generate .op file, some system variables need to be changed. For more details, you can refer to this page.

Penn

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 12/12/2012 : 01:23:18 AM
Hi,

Please tell which version you have used to make the .op file, and then update to which version to use this .op file? If you have made this .op file in old version for 32-bit, and now using the 64-bit version of Origin, that will be not compatible.

The .op file is able to be generated by compiling the source file. However, by default, Origin will generate the object file (.ocb) instead of .op file after compiling the source file. To generate .op file, some system variables need to be changed. For more details, you can refer to this page.

Penn

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000