The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 import TDM file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chintan Posted - 02/25/2013 : 03:12:57 AM
is there any default function format to import .TDM (National Instrument File format) data files to Origin Worksheet?? if not please let know how to write function for the same.

please help.

cmbhatt
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Penn Posted - 02/27/2013 : 10:01:16 PM
Hi cmbhatt,

You can try the menu File: Import: NI TDM(TDM, TDMS)..., then select the file you want to import, and make sure the Show Options Dialog check-box is checked. Then you will open the dialog. In the File Info and Data Selection branch, Origin will import each Group data into one worksheet by default. And in the Import Options branch, there is a check-box Import All Groups to Same Worksheet, if checked, all groups are imported into one worksheet. So, if the "14 worksheets in a .tdm file" is meaning 14 groups in a .tdm file, Origin can handle it for you requirement. If not, I am afraid you need to handle by yourself after import the data.

Penn
chintan Posted - 02/27/2013 : 05:33:51 AM
thanks a lot. it is working fine. now the issue is when i load my .tdm file it is not loading. do i need to create a template for the data to be loaded or something else i need to do. i have 14 worksheets in a .tdm file and want to load all of them in one workbook how to do it using this impTDM please follow the your sample code to explain it. because it is working for me. it will be easy for me to update it in my code.

once again thanks a lot.

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 02/26/2013 : 8:01:25 PM
Hi cmbhatt,

By default, the header file Origin.h is needed, which is included automatically when you create a c or cpp source file in Code Builder. My testing simple code is

void test_impNITDM()
{
    LT_execute("impNITDM -d;");
}

And this code works in my computer. If this simple code works in your computer too, I think the problem is not related to impNITDM, maybe other problems.

Penn
chintan Posted - 02/26/2013 : 03:56:35 AM
Hi Penn, sorry to bother you but i do not know how to write a simple code also. please help. i need to know which .h file needs to be added to the program to run it without compilation error.

i am a biginner please help.

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 02/25/2013 : 9:22:04 PM
Hi cmbhatt,

Better that you can provide simple code that is not getting compiled.

Penn
chintan Posted - 02/25/2013 : 06:48:03 AM
thanks Penn, i have added this command but the code is not getting compiled, which header file needs to be added with the code to support this function??

cmbhatt
Penn Posted - 02/25/2013 : 05:08:01 AM
Hi cmbhatt,

The simple way is to use the impNITDM X-Function. For Origin C, you can use the LT_execute function to call X-Function as LabTalk command.

Penn

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000