The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 No breakpoints with .c files on 9.1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LC_ Posted - 01/07/2014 : 08:53:44 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1
Operating System: Win 7 32

Hi

I've just installed version 9.1 and I cannot get the breakpoints to work on Code Builder regardless of the "enable breakpoints" option with .c files. With .ogs files the breakpoints seem work just fine. I have just tested the exact same condition with a .c file on version 8.5.0 SR1 and there the breakpoints work correctly. Is it a bug or something?

Thanks in advance
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LC_ Posted - 01/08/2014 : 02:26:07 AM
Hi Greg

I found what was causing it. By default, the workspace is not compiled on start up, therefore as you said the code builder would not find the breakpoints on the C file (first use of Code Builder after upgrading).

What was confusing was the fact that, as the file was called in a button via a Labtalk script, with the breakpoint on the Labtalk code, Code Builder was still able to step through the lines of the code. That was hard to understand initially!

thanks
greg Posted - 01/07/2014 : 11:21:41 AM
Sounds like a bug lurking in there ...
Keep an eye out for special circumstances that may trigger the problem and let us know if you discover something.
LC_ Posted - 01/07/2014 : 10:03:38 AM
Hi Greg

Thanks for your answer. Indeed after restarting Origin a few times the behavior went back to normal (I had tried restarting already to no avail). The file was local and part of the workspace and I could actually compile and step through lines, only the breakpoints did not work...
greg Posted - 01/07/2014 : 09:50:15 AM
Since breakpoints certainly do work in 9.1, it's likely that the source file is somehow invalid - like Origin lost track of it.
Have you been moving the file between User and Project folder or is the source located on a network? Have you tried restarting Origin?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000