The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Opening .H5 extension files?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vlada.jerkovic Posted - 02/13/2009 : 9:05:34 PM
Is it posible to open http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/index.html .H5 extension files in origin? Does anyone has any C script for that?

Origin Ver. 8 and Service Release 4(Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: XP SP2
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nike22 Posted - 05/04/2010 : 9:01:44 PM
Thank you for your information, this information very helpful to me.

mingqi
vlada.jerkovic Posted - 04/26/2010 : 1:29:23 PM
Hi,
I installed Origin 8.1 and tried to open .H5 file but it opens only the first matrix from the collection of matrices stored in that file. Could you please advise me how can I use the new feature integrated in Origin 8.1 to access all the matrices within the .h5 file and store them in separate worksheets? Thank you!
Sophy Posted - 06/02/2009 : 05:51:49 AM
Hi, Vlada

Yes, we've already developed the code for importing this kind of file, and will be released with Origin8.1.
vlada.jerkovic Posted - 05/06/2009 : 11:51:32 AM
Hello,
I would just like to ask are there any news regarding the
development Origin to support importing HDF5 file?

Thank you
Vlada
vlada.jerkovic Posted - 04/07/2009 : 7:12:18 PM
The second option would be better, i.e. to import each dataset into a separate worksheet with each elements of the compound datatype placed in the worksheet column by column.

Thank you
Vlada
fisher_zhang Posted - 03/26/2009 : 10:19:36 PM
Hi, Vlada

Regarding your sample .H5 file MR04-004.h5, we found that this file has three datasets, and the third dataset consists of compound datatype {ScanCycles, NumberofSegments, ScanInit, ScanEnd, ScanResolution, ScanIntTime}

Considering the data organization after they imported into origin, do you prefer import all the datasets into a single worksheet, Or each dataset imported into a separate worksheet, and each elements of the compound datatype placed in the worksheet column by column? Which of them is convenience for you, or you can give us some suggestions.

Thanks
fisher
Sophy Posted - 03/26/2009 : 9:58:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by vlada.jerkovic

Hi, you can download my sample .H5 file from here www.bioled.rs/MR04-004.h5

Thank you

Hi, we are now developing Origin to support importing HDF5 file and found that in your sample .H5 there exists dataset of compound type. Would you like to import this kind of dataset with each member imported into different columns of a worksheet, or please give us some suggestion on how to arrange them in Origin.
In your sample data, the dataset "/setup" is an one-dimension data of compound type. Each elements in this dataset has a structure like {int, int, array, array, array, array}
vlada.jerkovic Posted - 03/10/2009 : 12:01:06 AM
Hi, you can download my sample .H5 file from here www.bioled.rs/MR04-004.h5

Thank you
cpyang Posted - 03/01/2009 : 6:30:03 PM
the new version of netCDF (4.0) seems to support H5. Do you have some files that you can send us to try out with new netCDF?

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000