The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Accessing the NLSF data output

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
obauer Posted - 06/02/2009 : 09:58:02 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8 SR4
Operating System: Windows XP

Hello everyone!

I am having a maybe very simple question: How do I access the output of a NLSF fit in Origin C? By output I do not mean the fit parameters but the actual data points which make up the fitted curve displayed in the graph.

In my case I use the user-defined fitting function "XSW_reflectivity" which fits a theoretical curve to data which is contained in Book_2, column B(Y) (the worksheet is named "ExpReflectivity" and column B is labelled "Exp. Reflectivity"; column A(X) holds the corresponding X values). Now when I run the Origin C routine which calls the above mentioned function the NLSF creates a new workbook named "XSW_reflectivity fit of Book2_B" with two columns that contain both X and Y data of the fit curve. All I want to do now is to copy these two columns to the very workbook that already holds the data which is fitted, i.e. Book_2 = "ExpReflectivity", since I need them for further computation. I just cannot find a solution to do that although I have the feeling it shouldn´t be too difficult...

Can you help me? I really accomplish your advises. Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best regards,
Oliver
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 06/04/2009 : 11:45:06 AM
Hi Oliver,

Is there a reason that you must use the old fitting engin from earlier version?

using NLSF = LabTalk.NLSF;

This is using the old fitting via LabTalk and we are providing that for backward compatibility support only. Best if you can use the new Origin 8 fitter which is much more flexible and much faster. The NLFitSessionBase class Iris mentioned is the best way to use the new fitter.

CP
obauer Posted - 06/04/2009 : 10:47:35 AM
Hello Iris!

Thank you for your rapid answer. Unfortunately I do not see a clear connection between the wiki page which you posted and my problem: the link deals with NLfitsessions while I use NLSF which I call from Origin C via

using NLSF = LabTalk.NLSF;

I tried to get access to the dataset which is generated by the NLSF with the NLSF.xmode = 0, NLSF.funccol$ = str... and NLSF.makecurve("func") commands. This works well with those fit functions which come with ORIGIN. Yet in my case - with a user defined fitting function including a convolution - the simulated dataset looks similar but is different from the actual fit result; namely it is shifted in X and scaled differently in Y. Have you got an idea what could be the problem here?

Another question which arose is: What is the default worksheet / column where the dataset generated by the NLSF.fit(n) command is stored? According to the LabTalk help files it should be right next to the original input data:

"In the default case the curve is generated and the data is placed in the original worksheet next to the independent variable."

Yet in my case a new worksheet is created - like I already described in my above post. Why is this? How to I address that freshly created worksheet in ORIGIN C.

Sorry for bothering you again. I am looking forward to your answer.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Oliver
Iris_Bai Posted - 06/03/2009 : 03:30:59 AM
Hi Oliver,

There is an example in the following wiki page about how to do Gauss fit and output fit staticstics result, fit parameters and fit data in Origin C.

http://ocwiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=Category:NLFitSession_%28class%29#Examples

Iris

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000