The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 numeric FFT for data evaluation - Need help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mawo Posted - 03/07/2010 : 10:17:24 AM
Hi @ll,
i´m stuck with origin c and hopefully somebody can help. Im currently writing my phd thesis and encountered a problem with data evaluation that has to be solved. Unfortunatly I can´t do it and within my workgroup nobody can help me. Anyways it has to be done..

---

Currently I´m fitting pre-fourier transformed (with another program) autocorrelation data with a spectral function S(q,T,omega). (see code snippet 1 if you are interested).

For a more reliable evaluation I should do the following:
1.) calculate the numeric fourier transformed S(q,T,omega) (which is the autocorrelation function c(q,T,t) following the wiener-kientchine theorem) using literature values for all variables used within S(q,T,omega) but with q,T as input and omega as independent variable. (0 < omega < 100000).

2.) fit the experimental data with the result of 1.):
y = A*B*c(q,T,t)+A*c(q,T,t)^2

(this is related to homodyne and heterodyne contribution to the autocorrelation function)

Summary: I need to know how to let Origin first calculate S(q,T,omega) than apply inverse fourier transform to it. Afterwards fit my data with the modified result c^2 and c for hetero/homodyne contribution.

If anybody could help me with maybe support me with the code needed - you will be mentioned in caps in my thesis ackknowledgement.

code snippet 1
#include <origin.h>

double f(double x, double k, double eta, double T, double sigma)
{
	double rho=(1.219-7.17E-4*(T-273.16))*1000;
	double nu = eta/rho;
	double epsilon = nu*k^2;
	double omegas = sqrt(9.81*k+sigma*k^3/rho);

complex D1 = omegas^2-(x+2*1i*epsilon)^2-4*epsilon^2*(1-1i*x/epsilon)^(1/2);
	return -2/x*k/rho*Im(D1)/cabs(D1)^2;
}
//---Here´s the non editable part...
{
	// Beginning of editable part
	y = A*f(x, k, eta, T, sigma);

}
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Penn Posted - 03/08/2010 : 01:12:37 AM
Hi,

From your description, I am not very sure what you exactly want. However, in Origin 8 (or higher version), you can use X-Function fft1, ifft1, fft2, and ifft2 to perform FFT and inverse FFT. To do non-linear fitting, please refer to this chapter. The user-defined fitting function is supported too. You can refer to this page for more information about how to define a fitting function.

Penn
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000