The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 reducing data of a worksheet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vinegoni Posted - 02/19/1999 : 2:21:00 PM
Hi
I wnat to know how it is possible to reduce selectively the data of a worksheet. I have for example a worksheet with 1000 data per row. And I want to extract on a new one with some criteria i.e. every three cell or every time a cell contains a number greater than x or ...
how is it possible?
thank you
claudio
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rtoomey Posted - 02/23/1999 : 5:02:00 PM

Response to "reducing data of a worksheet"

Claudio,

If you would like to extract specific data from your worksheet based on a specific column of a worksheet, try using Extract Worksheet Data. This feature can be accessed by selecting Analysis => Extract Worksheet Data when the worksheet is active. An explanation on how to use this feature is located in the Origin User's manual (p. 70 for 4.0/4.1 English users and p. 60 for 5.0 English users). If the explanation is still not enough, below are a couple of examples I prepared based on the examples you provided.

1. To extract every nth row of a worksheet, enter mod(i,n)==0 in the text box provided in Extract Worksheet Data. The value for n is arbitrary. In your case, the value would be 3. If you are unfamiliar with the mod(x,y) function, be sure to take a look at either the Origin 5.0 LabTalk manual (English) on page 355 or the Origin 4.0 User's manual (English) on page 392 for an explanation.

2. To extract specific rows of the worksheet where the cell value of the reference column exceeds a specified value (call it x), enter col(referencecolumnname)>x where referencecolumnname and x are up to you to enter.
    Note: You can use the < (less than), <= (less than or equal to) , == (equal to), != (not equal to), >= (greater than or equal to), && (And), and/or | | (Or) operators in addition to the > (greater than) operator in this dialog box.

Sincerely,
Ryan Toomey

[This message has been edited by rtoomey (edited 02-23-99).]

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000