The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 multiple curves peaks fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thitchen Posted - 04/24/2012 : 12:17:11 PM
Origin Ver. 8 and Service Release 0 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: win7 prof.

Hi,

I have plenty of graphs with each having ~10 curves stacked with offset. How can I do the Gaussian peaks fitting for each curve and save the resulting parameters, i.e. peak position, width, and height etc. for each curve in a new workbook? Thanks in advanced.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 09/07/2016 : 5:44:27 PM
Hi Sheila Wan,

The ordinary linear regression is more sensitive at the steep-slope region than at the plateau region.
Possibly this might be your case. You may try the orthogonal distance regression to (visually) "improve"
the fitting. http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Nonlinear-fitting-using-orthogonal-regression

Hope this suggestion helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Sheila Wan Posted - 09/07/2016 : 05:33:28 AM
Hi,

I am trying to do multiple graph fitting using user defined function. I have 3 sets data of resin degradation data from DSC with different heating rate (10HR, 20HR, 40HR). I used the global fitting function and able to get good fitting (Adj. R sq 0.99) when using only 2 sets of data (10HR/20HR, 10HR/40HR, 20HR/40HR) but poor fitting when i run for 3 sets data (10HR/20HR/40HR)with the 40HR fit missing. Below are the graph plotted. Thanks.

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/10_20_40.pdfhttp://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/10HR 40HR.pdfhttp://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/10HR_20HR.pdfhttp://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/20HR 40HR.pdf
thitchen Posted - 05/10/2012 : 6:26:15 PM
Thank you Hideo,

It's pretty good to fit single curve using the "Peak Analyzer". And I saved that as a theme. However, when I use the template to do "Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" it gives 15 peaks per curve, and an error "Fit did not converge - mutual dependency exists between parameters.
You may have overparameterized the fitting function. Fixing one of them may eliminate this problem." showed up.
What does that mean by "it's overparameterized", please? I just simply specify the baseline and peak positions for a single curve.

Many thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

Hi thitchenA

As you wrote, the "fit multiple peaks" accepts only one curve at at time. Unless you choose a venue to do the programming for the LabTalk script, this is not what you want to explore.

As I wrote before, the settings of one session of Peak Analyzer ("Analysis: Peaks and Baseline: Peak Analyzer" menu) for "Fit Peaks" goal can be saved as a Dialog Theme, then using the theme, you can run a "batch processing" ("for loop" in your term) for multiple curves at once (by ""Analysis: Peaks and Baseline: Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" menu in OriginPro).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

P.S., Either in the Peak Analyzer, or in the "Fit Multiple Peaks", the default peak function is Gaussian. So, you don't have to mind it.

Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/30/2012 : 4:03:04 PM
Hi thitchenA

As you wrote, the "fit multiple peaks" accepts only one curve at at time. Unless you choose a venue to do the programming for the LabTalk script, this is not what you want to explore.

As I wrote before, the settings of one session of Peak Analyzer ("Analysis: Peaks and Baseline: Peak Analyzer" menu) for "Fit Peaks" goal can be saved as a Dialog Theme, then using the theme, you can run a "batch processing" ("for loop" in your term) for multiple curves at once (by ""Analysis: Peaks and Baseline: Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" menu in OriginPro).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

P.S., Either in the Peak Analyzer, or in the "Fit Multiple Peaks", the default peak function is Gaussian. So, you don't have to mind it.
thitchen Posted - 04/27/2012 : 6:25:30 PM
Hi Hideo,

I am using the originPRO 8.6 64bits evaluation. So it is a PRO.
For that "Fit Peaks" I found that "analysis"->"peaks and baseline"->"fit multiple peaks" has the thing which I need. But it can do only one curve fitting. I don't need Lorentz fitting, I only need Gaussian.

Do you know how to realize my goal with a "for" loop coding?
My thinking is that, since the positions of the two peaks are pretty much the same for those 10 curves, maybe I can use some X-function of Gaussian fitting to fit all the 10 curves with the same parameters. But I'm new to x-Functions, please help.
Many thanks!

quote:

Hi thitchen,

"Find peaks" is ONLY to find the peaks, and their function shapes don't involved. You need to choose "Fit Peaks" (Pro only). Here, Gaussian is the default.

If you want to change the function type, in the last "Fit Peaks" page, you press "Fit Control" button at bottom, and double-click the function name in the appeared parameter table to change to the other function such as Lorentz.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/27/2012 : 10:25:04 AM
Hi thitchen,

"Find peaks" is ONLY to find the peaks, and their function shapes don't involved. You need to choose "Fit Peaks" (Pro only). Here, Gaussian is the default.

If you want to change the function type, in the last "Fit Peaks" page, you press "Fit Control" button at bottom, and double-click the function name in the appeared parameter table to change to the other function such as Lorentz.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
thitchen Posted - 04/26/2012 : 7:59:07 PM
Thanks again Hideo,

I went through the Peak analyzer wizard, but I couldn't find where to specify Gaussian fit.
first of all I chose "auto" for recalculation mode. Then the "goal" is "find peaks", and then the "input" is one of 10 curves; I clicked "next", for the "baseline" I chose "constant" which is the minimum of the curve; then "next", I skipped this one since I don't need to subtract now nor rescale now; then "next", I checked off "auto find" and "add" 2 peaks myself. and I don't know where to use Gaussian fit. please help.

quote:

Hi thitchen,

So, you are now running Origin 8.6 Evaluation version, right? If, so
"theme" I meant is the "dialog theme". First, run the Peak Analyzer for one of the curve in your Stack graph, and at the last step of the Peak Analyzer's wizard steps, press the triangle button at the top right corner, choose "Save As", and gave the name to the theme. Now, you can choose "Analysis: Peaks&Baseline: Barth Peak Analysis using Theme" menu. In the PA Batch tool, you should be able to see and select your dialog theme at the "Theme" dropdown. Do you see this?
If you click OK, the batch process will start, and you will get the summary table.

If something in above steps didn't go thru, please tell me what you operated, and what you got...

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/26/2012 : 11:33:29 AM
Hi thitchen,

So, you are now running Origin 8.6 Evaluation version, right? If, so
"theme" I meant is the "dialog theme". First, run the Peak Analyzer for one of the curve in your Stack graph, and at the last step of the Peak Analyzer's wizard steps, press the triangle button at the top right corner, choose "Save As", and gave the name to the theme. Now, you can choose "Analysis: Peaks&Baseline: Barth Peak Analysis using Theme" menu. In the PA Batch tool, you should be able to see and select your dialog theme at the "Theme" dropdown. Do you see this?
If you click OK, the batch process will start, and you will get the summary table.

If something in above steps didn't go thru, please tell me what you operated, and what you got...

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
thitchen Posted - 04/25/2012 : 10:34:13 PM
Thanks a lot Hideo, I did that, but it keeps saying "at least one theme is needed to do peak analysis", I did save a theme, I'm confused, please help.
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/24/2012 : 6:28:56 PM
Hi thitchen,

Sorry, but if you have OriginPro 8.1, or later Pro, you can use the Batch Processing of Peak Analyzer... Just you need to get the result of this graph, can you download the evaluation version of 8.6 (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Downloads/OriginEvaluation), and try it? It should be able to make a summary table of each curve.

If it doesn't work, could you please send your data to us(http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752)? We here can try.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000