The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Legend size changes during export

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johannes.kastl Posted - 05/02/2012 : 11:54:55 AM
Origin Ver.: 8.6.0G 32bit SR3, Operating System: WinXP

Hello,

I have a problem with the size of the graph legend, which changes during export. And the exported EMF does not look like it should, and like it looks in Origin.

The left border of the legend (nearly) stays where it should be, but the right border is shifted to the right, so the legend 'grows bigger'.

This is what it looks like in Origin:

This is what is exported:

Notice that the right border of the legend is near the red curve when looked at in Origin, but moves to the right during export. Also the red and black line for VISKOSITÄT and TEMPERATUR are no longer aligned when exported. I'm using tabulators inside the legend to align the entries, seems like the font size somehow gets changed during export.

The legend changes size also when switching from 'draft-mode' (Entwurfsansicht in german) to 'print-mode' or 'page-mode' (Druckansicht or Seitenansicht in German, respectively). But none of the view modes is the same as the final exported picture.

We need to export to emf, so using another graphics format is not working. The export to JPG does not change the legend size, so it might be related to EMF-export?

The newly introduced 'Convert to standard font' (Umwandeln in Standardschriftart, Origin 8.6) is applied to the graph.

Different export settings do not seem to solve the problem, at the moment I use the following settings (in labtalk):

tr.margin:=2 
tr1.unit:=3 
tr1.Width:=100
tr2.tif.dotsperinch:=300

Any ideas? Known problem? I could not find anything on the web or in the forums, maybe I'm just missing the right keywords?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johannes.kastl Posted - 05/10/2012 : 11:42:55 AM
I sent the file to Tech support, and they responded very quickly.

It seems the problem is the use of tabulators in the legend, so three 'columns' are created. It seems that tabs are not standardized in vector formats like EMF, so the get changed during export. And the legend size changes. Spaces dont work either.

The workaround would be to create three text labels, one for each 'column' and draw a rectangle around them, that has no fill.

Apparently, Origin is not able to translate tabs into something that does not break the legend. I would assume that a software that can do so many things is able to workaround the tabs-problem by itself, rather than the user doing the work. But thats just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Johannes

johannes.kastl Posted - 05/08/2012 : 07:27:15 AM
Done.

The file contains two graphs, the first is the graph as is. The second one is "Converted to standard font". I stripped down the sexample, so it has no data and no other text labels. The second one only has one layer anymore, but this changes nothing. Still the legend is changed during export.

I also tried setting another printer as standard in windows, but with no success.
easwar Posted - 05/06/2012 : 1:18:07 PM
Hi Johannes,

Apologies for the late response. Please send your OPJ to tech so we can look. You can use the "Send File to Tech support" link on top right of this page, and in your e-mail please refer to this post.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000