The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Saving a graph as design

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johannes.kastl Posted - 05/15/2012 : 02:45:36 AM
Hello,

Im trying to use the 'Save format as Design'-Function in Origin 8.6 pro, but Im really confused by the lots of lots of options available when saving a design.

Currently I am trying to save the position and format of an axis title with the design (the graph format is saved as design), but whatever I add in the options list (the settings that you can view as a list, or that you can filter) I just get the text in the wrong size or at the wrong position.

I found nothing very helpful in the originwiki or the help, all I found was a description of the dialog, which button does what. But no info regarding the different settings like 'Both Titles', Dimensions, what units are used in the ThresholdX (SchwellenwertX) etc. pp.

Is there a description available? Or an example that describes all these settings?

Thanks in advance,
Johannes
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 05/16/2012 : 12:18:37 PM
Hi Johannes,

You can check if the value was set, by typing
@tct=
and pressing return.

In 8.6 a better way to set such system variables is to do the following:
-> use the Tools->System Variables menu item
-> in the dialog that opens, type tct in Variable column and 101 in Value column and click outside of that cell

Then this value is set for future sessions as well. I apologize I did not mention this tool in the last post, this tool was added in 8.6

Again, this sysvar is not well documented, and as you pointed out, the various tree options related consolidation are not well documented currently.

If the above does not work, please send your graph to us so we can take a look and send back instructions.

Easwar
OriginLab
johannes.kastl Posted - 05/16/2012 : 07:10:48 AM
I see no difference between before and after using the command.

Does this command work? I get no confirmation or feedback or any output. So Im not sure if it worked...
easwar Posted - 05/15/2012 : 4:50:57 PM
Hi Johannes,

Yes, these properties and the consolidation behavior are not well documented, we will look into improving that in upcoming version.

For now can you try the following:
Prior to opening the theme tree dialog, go to script window and issue the following command, press Enter at end of the line after copy-pasting it to script window:
@tct=101

This will then turn off consolidation of similar-items-properties so each item will be listed separate and you can control it better.

Does this way work for you? If you are having trouble still, please send your graph and the theme you saved, with comments on what properties you want, to tech support. You can use the "Send File to Tech support" link on top of the page, and please refer to this post in your message.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000