The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Error in error bars

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johannes.kastl Posted - 05/24/2012 : 07:32:28 AM
Origin Pro 8.6G, WinXP

I noticed a strange behaviour in one of my graphs, where one error bar is wrong:

The one line that is visible of the error bar is bigger, than the error bar should be. And it is influenced by the setting for the width of the markers for the error bar, that should only affect the (in this case) vertical lines of the error bars.

As soon as I change the scale of the bottom axis the error back is back to normal:

Jone of the five columns has a wrong error bar. The last but one has an error bar that is of similar size, but is completely visible.

Known problem? Intended behaviour? Bug?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Johannes
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johannes.kastl Posted - 06/11/2012 : 03:26:22 AM
I sent the file to tech support, and got an answer (some time ago, was kinda busy...).

They suggested to scale up the error bars, as the error values are too small to be displayed.

I replied that this is no solution IMHO. The error bars of the other bars are displayed correctly, and their values are also very small compared to the mean value. If the error is that small, it should not be displayed. But a wrong error bar? If this is not intended behaviour then this is a bug.

Pimping my data (even with a small remark on the graph about scaling error bars) just because Origin has a bug in displaying error bars? Hell no.

Regards,
Johannes

easwar Posted - 05/29/2012 : 2:28:50 PM
Hi Johannes,

Can you please send your OPJ to tech support so they can look? Please refer to this post in your message.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000