The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Differentiate multiple y columns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davidandersoniii Posted - 06/28/2012 : 3:06:28 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8.6
Operating System: Windows 7

How can I differentiate multiple Y columns? I am not good at executing labtalk scripts, so an example script to put into the command line would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
davidandersoniii Posted - 06/29/2012 : 2:51:02 PM
Thank you very much.

quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

Hi davidandersoniii,

Here is a sample script, which can take care both designation patterns of XYYYY.. and XYXYXY...

nc=wks.ncols;
inc=1;  //Default pattern XYYY..
if(nc>=3) {if(wks.col3.type==4) inc=2;} //Detect XYXY...
for(ii=2; ii<=nc; ii=ii+inc) {
  //smooth iy:=wcol(ii) method:=aav npts:=4; //Smoothing 
  differentiate iy:=wcol(ii)  order:=1;  //Differentiate
}
Tip: Here "differentiate" is the name of x-function for differentiation. ("smooth" is for smoothing.)
I don't remember the names of all x-functions, but it is easy to get - when you press the small triangle button at
the upper right corner of analysis tool, choose "Generate Script" flyout, then you get the corresponding script
(x-function) command based on the options you chose in the dialog box in the Script window. (Please see the screenshot.
Here "-r 2" is a general option to set the recalculation mode, 1=Auto, 2=Manual, 0=None).
Once you get the command name, you can learn the detail options from "Help: X-Functions" menu.

Hope this is helpful.

--Hideo Fujii
Originlab

Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/29/2012 : 1:12:56 PM
Hi davidandersoniii,

Here is a sample script, which can take care both designation patterns of XYYYY.. and XYXYXY...

nc=wks.ncols;
inc=1;  //Default pattern XYYY..
if(nc>=3) {if(wks.col3.type==4) inc=2;} //Detect XYXY...
for(ii=2; ii<=nc; ii=ii+inc) {
  //smooth iy:=wcol(ii) method:=aav npts:=4; //Smoothing 
  differentiate iy:=wcol(ii)  order:=1;  //Differentiate
}
Tip: Here "differentiate" is the name of x-function for differentiation. ("smooth" is for smoothing.)
I don't remember the names of all x-functions, but it is easy to get - when you press the small triangle button at
the upper right corner of analysis tool, choose "Generate Script" flyout, then you get the corresponding script
(x-function) command based on the options you chose in the dialog box in the Script window. (Please see the screenshot.
Here "-r 2" is a general option to set the recalculation mode, 1=Auto, 2=Manual, 0=None).
Once you get the command name, you can learn the detail options from "Help: X-Functions" menu.

Hope this is helpful.

--Hideo Fujii
Originlab
davidandersoniii Posted - 06/28/2012 : 4:52:12 PM
Sorry, It's actually 8.0724. I tried what you recommended, but when I left click that column, nothing happens. The repeat analysis option is not available.

quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

Hi davidandersoniii,

As you are using Origin 8.6, you can use the "Repeat This Analysis" method discussed at:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10768

Although above page is regarding the Smoothing, differentiation is the same thing.

Does it work as you like?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/28/2012 : 3:18:04 PM
Hi davidandersoniii,

As you are using Origin 8.6, you can use the "Repeat This Analysis" method discussed at:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10768

Although above page is regarding the Smoothing, differentiation is the same thing.

Does it work as you like?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000