The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Creating contour plot from non-linear data set

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uppsala12 Posted - 07/06/2012 : 11:39:36 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): originpro 8.6
Operating System: windows xp

Hej everyone,
I am working with data from a lake transect which should be represented in a contour plot. I do get contour plots using a worksheet (X=distance from outflow,Y=depth,Z=parameter + separate XY XY columns (to define the shape of the transect)). However, when I plot different kind of data I recognize that the contour plot does not show the true values (no maximum where there is a max. in the worksheet). I also found out that I can partly solve that with playing around in the "contour info" but first it takes forever to do this for only one data set and secondly it is not possible to reproduce the graph afterwards.

Long story short, is there a way to create a contour plot (with large amounts of non-linear data) in which all points are represented as their true values?

With kind regards!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 07/09/2012 : 12:15:29 PM
Hi,

Did you apply any smoothing options in the contouring info tab for your plot? Can you send one of your data files to tech support so we can look? Use the "Send File to Tech support" link on top right of the page, which provides ftp instructions if file is large. Please refer to this post in your message to us.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000