The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin Plot Embedded in Windows Form?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newuser_ca Posted - 07/12/2012 : 11:43:37 AM
OrignPro 8.6 in Win 7.

I created a GUI (written in C#) to run an Origin function to plot and then display plots generated from Origin. Now I export Origin plot to a .jpg file and then display in my GUI window. Here is an example:

But as a picture, the user can't zoom in, zoom out or get the (x,y) value in the picture. Is there a way to embedded a window in the GUI window when the user double click the picture, all the Origin features will be activated? The Origin 8.6 allows the user to zoom in/out, scale in, data reader, screen reader and etc.

Is this something called OLE?

Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 07/17/2012 : 10:10:00 AM
Hi,

If you go to Tools->Options dialog and then the Graph tab, you will see a check box "Enable OLE In-place Activation". If you check this box, then when you copy-paste a graph from Origin to say Word or PowerPoint, you can double click on elements in the graph and dialogs such as Axes dialog, Plot Details etc will open for making changes. But the functionality is limited, you will not have access to other tools such as zoom etc. This of course requires that Origin is installed on the client machine.

For your particular application needs, if for example all you need is ability to zoom into the x axis, you could pop up some dialog for user to enter the start and end values, and then send that back to the server to fetch an updated image?

Easwar
OriginLab
newuser_ca Posted - 07/16/2012 : 1:36:40 PM
anybody has an idea?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000