The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Trouble saving, running and editing fit functions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AlexClark Posted - 07/19/2012 : 7:59:33 PM
Origin Ver. 8.5.1 Windows 7

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is a repetition on a previous post - I searched but couldn't find my problem.

I am currently trying to define and save a fitting function. It is a long polynomial, but won't work in the standard expression window.

I have therefore tried the Origin C option. I have tried defining and saving the function many times. It gets to the point where I compile and I can also use the quick check which gives me the correct result, so I know the function works. I then continue and save but then it won't let me select my user defined function when applying the fit. I just get the error

"external call execution error"

in the script window.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Alex
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JacquelineHe Posted - 07/20/2012 : 04:26:46 AM
Hi,

You create the user-defined function in Fitting Function Builder, right? Do you input the Initialization Code for the parameters? If so, do you compile this code?

Without your project(OPJ) and fitting function file(FDF), we can not reproduce the problem.You'd better send your OPJ and FDF files to us, including the detail steps of creating the fitting function. We can try it.

To send us files, click Send File to Tech support button at the top right of the forum.

Thanks.

Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000