The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Does not seem to consist of columns of ASCII data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PabloPPG Posted - 08/06/2012 : 12:37:25 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Origin forum and am a relatively new orgin user. I'm having a problem importing ASCII files using the import wizard. If I import the data using the single or multiple import rather than the wizard it works fine but with the wizard it gives me the error prompt "file name" does not seem to consist of columns of ASCII data. Upon further investigations I noticed that the "Import wizard - data columns" screen, which shows up after pressing next a couple times in the import wizard, is missing the columns of my data.

Any advice?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 08/06/2012 : 2:27:38 PM
Hi PabloPPG,

We can look at your file to investigate the problem. Could you please send us this problematic file by the procedure, described at the following page?:

http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

Also, let us know which version of Origin you're using in the message regarding this forum post to notify your uploading.

Thank you for your assistance.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000