The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D contour plot: discrete "discs"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pfuhni Posted - 08/08/2012 : 04:14:42 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5g
Operating System: Win7

Hi, as a quite new origin user I'm facing the following problem: I've got my data in the form of an excel sheet (first row time steps, first column coordinates, matrix: values for each coordinate-timestep-pair).

A couple of days ago I was doing some first tries plotting this data in an origin 3D graphic and managed to get the attached plot. As you can see, it is consisting of discrete layers or discs extending in the y-z-plane and located one after another along the x-direction.

My problem: The data I created this first plot with was for testing only, and - how very dumb of me - I deleted all the related files (data, origin etc.). Now I've got my real data I'd like to plot exactly this way but I just don't get this layer separaten thing anymore (all I get are various types of normal surface plots).

Could someone give me some hints what points/menus to respect to redo such a plot?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kathy_Wang Posted - 08/08/2012 : 11:36:54 PM
Hi,

First, Origin will not "create" the discrete layer effect, the layer separation in your attached image shows the nature of your input data (i.e. I assume there're missing values in the corresponding range). So if there is no such "missing value" in your real data, Origin couldn't plot the "separate layer".

In addition, the attached image doesn't really look like a 3D surface plot. According to me, it is quite likely that you plotted as 3D bar(from matrix or virtual matrix data). So perhaps you may try with 3D bar plot type and see if you could get what you want.

To generate 3D bar plot, activate your matrix window (or worksheet window if you plot from virtual matrix), select from top menu "Plot:3D Wire/Bar/Symbol:3D Bars".

Hope this information helps!

Kathy
Originlab
pfuhni Posted - 08/08/2012 : 04:17:19 AM
Well, can't edit my post and the image doesn't seem to work, so another try:

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000