The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with PCA dataset

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
drenuka Posted - 08/27/2012 : 2:08:22 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with running PCA on my data set. My values in the A(X) column is also being included in the calculations along with B(Y), C(Y),.... when I select the worksheet and select PCA option in Origin.

How do I make sure that the A(X) column data is not considered as a variable when running the analysis?

I would greatly appreciate some input on this.
Thanks
Renuka
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kathy_Wang Posted - 08/27/2012 : 9:55:25 PM
Hi,

I believe you're going to use the data in X column as Label, if you follow Easwar's instruction to do the PCA analysis, normally the X columns will be automatically detected as the Label, and there shall be a Label column in your "Score Data" result sheet.

Please note that sometimes if you have numeric data in X column and it was not automatically detected as the score label, you may set the X column as categorical (Right click:Set as categorical), and it shall then be detected as the score label.

Kathy
Originlab
drenuka Posted - 08/27/2012 : 6:26:47 PM
Hi Easwar,

According to the PCA tutorial from Origin we are supposed to select the complete worksheet and run PCA on it. In the tutorial A(X) column was not present in the correlation matrix. But in my case the A(X) column data was present in the correlation matrix.

We cannot leave column A for running PCA analysis.
The dialog box does not give you options of selecting the y variables and x variables separately.

Thanks
Renuka

DR
easwar Posted - 08/27/2012 : 5:46:07 PM
Hi Renuka,

Instead of selecting entire sheet, you can click on Col B header and hold the mouse down and drag to the right to include the desired number of columns to the right side.

If you want all columns except col A, you could select the entire worksheet by clicking on top left corner, then hold down the CTRL key and click on Col A header to leave out col A.

Once you made the desired selection, you can then bring up the dialog. Note that you can also open the dialog without making any selection, and then click the button on the right side of the "Variables" edit box to "go out to the sheet and select columns".

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000