The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Changing the Date Scale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
theonlyedward Posted - 08/28/2012 : 09:52:09 AM
Origin Ver: 8.5.0; Service Release: 1; Operating System: 64bit Windows 7

Hello, I have made a plot using a date and time on the x-axis and a temperature on the y-axis. Currently the Tick Labels type for the x-axis is set to "Time" with "Display" set to "hh:mm pm". Everything looks good and the scale defaulted to "From 04:00 PM To 001:10:40 PM". Whenever I change the x-axis scale by any amount the data is no longer visible on the plot. If go to the plot and press ctrl-r it rests the scale and the data can be seen again. I'd like to change the scale but I'm not sure what simple thing I'm doing wrong. I'd like to change the scale to "From 06:00 PM To 001:10:40 PM" but all my attempts are fruitless. I'll guess this is something simple, any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Ed
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
theonlyedward Posted - 08/28/2012 : 10:15:22 AM
Yes, thanks. I changed the format from time to date and am now able to adjust without any problems. Thanks for pointing this out.

Best,
Ed
Drbobshepherd Posted - 08/28/2012 : 10:13:22 AM
It looks like you are mixing time subformats. Are you sure of the default values? "001:10:40 PM" does not look like a standard time subformat to me. Try converting your time dataset to Numeric and see if the plot routine behaves better. Then, if the plot works, you can try re-formatting your dataset back to Time with the "hh:mm pm" subformat and maybe the scale routine will work.

Please let me know if this helps or not.

DrBobShepherd

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000