The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Printing area (Origin 5.0)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CARBON14 Posted - 10/24/2001 : 05:00:00 AM
Can anyone know if we can print graph plot on a smaller area than full printer page ?

In version 4.x, we could add two lines in the [Display] section of the ORIGIN.INI file (xScaleFactor= et yScaleFactor=) to change the scale of output.
Here, it seems not to work at all.

Resizing the window area (Print View, mouse click on the grey surface of the screen) on the screen before printing is canceled when printing is asked.

Copy/Paste allows resizing and printing with an other software, but it is less "easy".
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CARBON14 Posted - 10/26/2001 : 04:10:54 AM
When the printer allows selection of "unusual" or "smaller" paper sheets than A4 (or legal size), il should perhaps be possible to manage the surface of the printing.

With Origin 4.1, the text labels size is not altered but the drawing is well resized.

We will upgrade to version 7 or 8...
Several old versions still work on Win 3.11 computers.

Thanks.
greg Posted - 10/24/2001 : 11:51:27 AM
The xScaleFactor and yScaleFactor were moved out of the INI file and into the Tools : Options dialog (on the Miscellaneous tab). These were designed for minor dimensional changes to compensate for scaling changes in some printer drivers. For example, if a line that supposed to be 8 inches long printed as 7.95 inches, you could use the ScaleFactor to correct the printing problem.

Starting in Origin 6.1, you can set the Page dimensions (under Format : Page) and not have these reset by the Printer (when you look at Print Preview or try to Print) if you uncheck the Width and Height check boxes in 'Use Printer default dimensions when printing'.

For any other Origin version, the normal solution is to adjust the layer size so it appears on your page in the correct proportions.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000