The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 calling all users in The Netherlands (or Belgium)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dobney Posted - 10/30/2001 : 05:35:01 AM
Dear Origin users,
I apologize if this is a misuse of the forum but I would like to contact some local Origin users. I use Origin in order to make ternary plots (as yet I have no need of the other features). I find that the Origin software does not always do what I expect when I try to make these graphs. I have so many questions that I'm reluctant to bombard the forum with these questions. If you are located in The Netherlands or Belgium and have a reasonable amount of experience with making ternary plots in Origin (in my opinion there seem to be more restrictions when it comes to making these ternary plots than with other plot types: perhaps you have already encountered this and found solutions?)and would be prepared to discuss your experience of ternary plots with me then please contact me via the following

a.dobney@nfi.minjus.nl

tel : +32 (0)70 413 5301

thnaks
Andrew Dobney
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Posted - 11/01/2001 : 2:52:51 PM
Hi Andrew,

Yes, as you have noted, there are only a few format options that you can change with Origin's ternary graph. It was designed to plot only normalized data, thus, there really isn't much you can do to change the axis scales. About the only scale change that you can make is to go to Format: Axes (from the menu) and, on the Tick Labels tab for the bottom (X), right (Y) and front (Z) axes, you can enter a Divide By Factor of 0.01. This gives you a scale in percentages as opposed to decimals. You can change symbol colors, etc. in Plot Details, but, in my experience, trying to manipulate axis scales with LabTalk commands in the Script Window can produce a non-sensical graph.

I also find that Axis and Plot Details dialog boxes are best opened from the menu for this chart type (as opposed to trying to open them by double-clicking on the axis, plot, etc.).

Mike Genthner
OriginLab Tech Support

Edited by - mike on 11/01/2001 14:54:43

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000