The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 BMP Export

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bob Posted - 11/28/2001 : 4:11:30 PM
Hi:
I have a plot I'm trying to export as a bitmap with the following page size (Available from Format -> Page -> Miscellaneous):
width -- 8 inches
height -- 10.4 inches
When I export it either by going through the file -> Export Page... As a bitmap.
Or, by typing the following in the script window:
export.image(c:\bob\daily.bmp,bmp)

It appears to export as a landscape plot (width = 1650 pixels, height = 1275 pixels).

If I change the units on the format page window from inches to pixels then the plot has the following dimensions:
width = 2400 pixels
height = 3116 pixels
(also verified these dimensions by typing page.height= and page.width= from the script window)

When I export this plot I get something new, a plot with dimensions of 1650 pixels wide by 1275 pixels high which is an export of the upper left corner of my original plot. In addition, the pixel dimensions of the plot in Origin are still:
width = 2400 pixels
height = 3116 pixels
When I change these dimensions back to inches they become:
width = 4 inches
height = 5.19 inches

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to export portrait style plots using the export functions. I'm currently using Origin 6.0 no Service releases and Windows NT 4 SP6. Thanks

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bob Posted - 11/29/2001 : 3:15:34 PM
Hi:
Thanks for the help. Service Release 4 fixed the problem.
--Bob

greg Posted - 11/29/2001 : 2:07:07 PM
You can get the Patch 4 for Origin 6.0 on our web site. This (or one of the earlier patches) will fix the problem.

Note that you must be registered on the web site to access the download.

CStorey Posted - 11/29/2001 : 12:35:51 PM
Hi Bob,

I have Origin 6.1 but think this will still apply. (If I were you I would look at the service releases since they are free and I believe some of them deal with Image export problems - but maybe not related to this)

Anyway. Is your graph Landscape or Portrait to begin with? To check click on the dark grey space beside the white graph background and click properties. I immediately see a properties dialog with the dimensions. I think if you change tose to portrait and export in either method you mention you should be fine. (If you don't want to change the look of you graph make a duplicate copy of it and then change the settings.)

Hope this helps.
Craig

Craig Storey
Origin WebRing Member - http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=originwebring

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000