The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 background transparency BUG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rak Posted - 11/29/2001 : 9:12:30 PM
Why do good things get worse...

=> up to version 4 it was possible to have
several layers partially covering each other, where the covered portions were hidden below the higher layers if a background color was enabled.

Starting with Origin 5 the program now
erroneously makes all layers completely transparent to each other (on screen as well as for all printers tested, e.g. HP Laserjet).

This means: stacking several layers with
partial overlap is not possible anymore since all the data and axes shine through to the next layer. This makes for a big mess. Yes, for scientific figures this is important since space is always limited. Origin thus severely restricts the freedom in layer placement.

I reported this one year ago by phone to Origin. When will this MAJOR bug finally be resolved ?

Also, let me use this space to comment on the very user-unfriendly tab-environment that Origin now uses. Having all important characteristics on one page as in Origin 4 was MUCH easier to deal with. The tabs are simply confusing since they keep changing their position all the time.

The tab environment is one of Microsofts bad inventions one should not include in any often-frequented portion of an application
program.

So please resolve these issues ASAP !!

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laurie Posted - 12/06/2001 : 10:39:56 AM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. We've just made this an option that users can control in our upcoming version, Origin 7.0. For example, if you're creating an inset graph, you can now choose whether you want to hide or view the data from the first layer in the inset layer.

In the meantime, you might try using our layout page...this should work for you.

When you double-click on an object in Origin and a tabbed dialog opens, it opens with the appropriate tab as the active tab. For example, if you double-clic on the X axis or right-click on the axis and select Axis, the X Axis dialog opens with the Scale Tab active. If instead I double-click on the tick labels themselves, then the dialog opens with the Tick Labels tab active.

Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000