The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Slow Search form

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jose Posted - 01/24/2002 : 12:55:37 PM
The Search form of the Origin forum takes a lot to load in my browser, about 1 min. I think this is due to the long list of users it has to load. I find this unnecessary, as the search by user name can be directly typed (no need of a list), and the search can be speeded up...

j.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jose Posted - 02/04/2002 : 07:12:03 AM
I also find the searching by user very useful. If there's no other possibility (no text box), I'd prefer to have two different forms, one with the list and another without it, so in the case I want to search by user I'd load the long form and would have to wait that minute. For fast searches, the short form will be enough.

My suggestion is that in the current form without the combolist, a new link stating Search by user (long form) would lead to the old one with the list.

j.

Edited by - Jose on 02/04/2002 07:31:01
greg Posted - 01/31/2002 : 10:31:47 AM
DON'T DISABLE THE FIELD!!!

(IMHO)

Since the problem is in loading the list for the combobox, just change the field to a Text box. This lets you type in a user name manually. When I've read something interesting from user "X", I might want to search for other things they have had to say.

rtoomey Posted - 01/24/2002 : 3:29:53 PM
We've disabled this field. Please note that it would be very difficult to bring it back as anything other than the original drop-down list since querying by username relies on the username's actual physical position in the drop-down list. A text box is therefore not an option.

Any and all who read this should feel free to voice their opinions!

Thanks,
Ryan Toomey
OriginLab Corporation

Lorraine Posted - 01/24/2002 : 2:50:15 PM
Thank you for your comments about this. I have brought this up with our Systems Adminstrators and they will be addressing the problem.

Lorraine
OriginLab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000