The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Renaming windows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zielono Posted - 01/29/2002 : 09:01:57 AM
I have a suggestion for disgners of The Origin which is related to renaming all windows.
When we have to rename all windows in project which includes for example about 20 worksheets of data and we make next 20 matrixes to make next 20 graphs and we make this 20 graphs, it takes very long time and it is very "horible".
Every new window have a new name. It is good, but why don't do that every window (worksheet making from matrix or matrix making from worksheet, graph from matrix)which is next step from the base data window is taking automatically by origin a name from this first, base window with preffix characteristic for type of window( matrix, woerksheet, graph)?
For example. If the first, base data window is woerksheet named "pipe", matrix which is making for graph in the second step could be named "Mpipe", and Graph made from this matrix could be named "Gpipe".
It is very ground problem, but is very important. The time of renaming windows is in this example 1/3 shorter than in solution which is now. And there is more sure that nobody don't make a mistake with renaming incorrect window.
Thank you
Tomasz K.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jose Posted - 02/04/2002 : 07:24:37 AM
Doing as Mike suggests, the [General] section of my Plot.ogs (in the Origin folder) is like follows:

[General]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// General Plotting of data for Worksheet or Graph
// Assumes 3 arguments: 1st=Plot Type, 2nd=Template, 3rd=Restore/Exchange Axes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
if (exist(%H)==2)
{

%u=%[%c,"_"]%[%c,>"_"]; // takes wks name followed by dataset name

%j=%[%c,"_"]!page.label$; // gets wks label

if (%[%u]>12) %u=%[%u,1:12];

if(exist(%u)!=0){ // Change it if already exists
for(ii=1;ii>0;ii++) {
%z=%u$(ii); if(exist(%z)!=0) continue;
break; };
%u=%u$(ii); };

worksheet -P %1 %2; // Plot the dataset

page.label$=%j; // sets graph label like worksheet's

window -r %h %u; // Changes the name of the graph

}
if (exist(%H)==3)
{
layer -b x %3; //Restore/Exchange Axes if 0/1 respectively
layer -i%1 %C;
return 0;
}

With this, when I plot a dataset (e.g. A) from a worksheet (e.g. Data1), the graph is named "Data1A". You can easily adapt this script to follow your personal naming conventions.

j.

Mike Buess Posted - 01/29/2002 : 2:40:44 PM
The convention you suggest may be ideal for your work but may not be suited for others, and I imagine that Origin's method is an adequate compromise for most users. On the other hand, you can set up practically any naming convention you want using simple labtalk commands and a couple of basic user-defined buttons. I'm sure you'll get several suggestions from this forum if you're interested in trying.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000