The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Greek letters don't use Symbol font

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cefe@icmm. Posted - 03/05/2002 : 09:50:35 AM
Hi,
this is an old problem in origin, but I don't know the solution. I have about 300 fonts installed on my system (Win 2000, SP2 SRP1). When I select a font past the first 205 for the Greek letters, it will not change to the selected font, and it appears as a Latin letter.
Are there any solutions for this problem without uninstalling fonts?
I've got a lot of graphs done using Greek symbols, so to change -\g() by \f:symbol() is not a good idea.
Thanks in advance.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Posted - 03/05/2002 : 4:17:29 PM
Hi Cefe:

This is a problem that some Win2000/Office 2000 users have experienced. Our work-around has been to recreate the Symbol font with a new name that places it near the top of the alphabetically ordered font list. Then, the user specifies the recreated font as the Greek font in Tools:Options, Text Fonts tab.

Actually, I don't think that \f:symbol() in the Text Control dialog will work for you either (we tried this).

With the recreated font, the fix is pretty seamless because \g can use whatever font is specified in the Options dialog.

I will see that our distributor in Spain, SoftwareCientifico , has this recreated font. I'll point them to this forum post so that they will know what the problem is.

Incidentally, we hope that we have fixed this for Origin 7.

Thanks. I hope that this will solve your problem.

Mike Genthner
Technical Support
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - mike on 03/05/2002 16:52:41

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000