The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D-plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bjornh Posted - 03/19/2002 : 4:23:58 PM
Hi,
I would like to add two new features to the normal 3D-surface plot:

1/ Combine a surface plot with also plotting out the original z-column data in the 3D space.
2/ Instead of projecting a contour plot as a bottom in a surface plot, I would like to add a contour plot showing population intensity from another matrix(as a new layer?).

Is either of this possible and in case, do You have any suggestions for scripts that could get me on the right track?

/Bjorn, v6.1
(this forum is a great help, thanks everybody)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Posted - 03/20/2002 : 09:33:06 AM
Hi Bjorn:

1/ is possible. You just need to use layer -i datasetname to add the z values from your worksheet (not your matrix) to the graphs layer contents.

2/ is more tricky and whether you get a satisfactory result will depend on your data and your expectations. Technically, Origin does not support plotting two matrices in a single graph (either in a single layer or multiple layers); it can be done, though results vary, and you are likely have to "fiddle" with it to get any satisfactory result.

What you will have to do is this:

1. Add the second matrix through the Layer Contents dialog (or use layer -i).
2. Go to the Surface/Projections tab for this matrix in Plot Details and turn off the Surface Fill Color and Contour Line; simultaneously enable the Bottom Contour.
3. On the Grids tab, you will probably want to set Enable Grids to None.
4. You may have to set your Z scale to manual so that your bottom contour plot is not obscured.

A couple of things that you should keep in mind:
1. drawing order -- the drawing order is controlled by the dataset/matrix order in the Layer Contents. The last in the list is the last to draw and this plot may obscure your second matrix plot. You may have to reverse the order of matrices in Layer Contents.
2. You cannot rotate or resize the 3D surface once you have created it. The two matrix plots are not "linked" in 3D space.

I hope that this helps.

Mike

Edited by - Mike on 03/20/2002 09:35:03

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000