The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to create three interconnected axes 2D plots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
progger Posted - 03/22/2002 : 7:15:59 PM
Hello!
I need to create a 2D plot into which three coplanar axes must be interconnected two by two forming an equilateral triangle. Suppose the variables to be A, B and C. Then one vertex of the equilateral triangle is the interception between axes AB, the second vertex the interception between axes BC and the third CA. All axes are the same length, for they represent percentages ranging from zero up to one hundred percent; this is why the plot turns out to be an equilateral triangle. I’m not sure my description has made the situation clear but, for those of you who know phase diagrams, this kind of plot is used to represent ternary systems. By stating A, B and C values it is possible to unambiguously locate a point of coordinates ABC.

Thank you.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 03/24/2002 : 11:32:09 AM
If I am not mistaken, you are trying to make a ternary plot that is available since Origin 6.0. Put your ABC data into XYZ column and choose the Z column and select Plot:Ternary.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000