The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Integration of area under a curve

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clarkexxx Posted - 11/08/2012 : 12:55:54 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginLab OriginPro 8.6 SR3
Operating System: win 7/ 64

Hi, I would like to integrate the entire area under the curve limited by the dashed lines. The dashed lines do not represent experimental data and are not a part of the graph. The "integration" function only allows me to connect the left and right endpoint of the curve with a straight line while the "Peak analyser" allows me define a constant baseline. Any ideas? Thanks

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lmw Posted - 11/26/2012 : 10:50:57 AM
OK, I just solved the problem by just choosing once Mathematical Area and once Absolute Area and then making just simple calculation with thos two to get one or the other area :) I think it should be correct.

lmw Posted - 11/26/2012 : 06:30:44 AM
OriginPro 8.1 SR1,
win 7

Hi there,
I have a similar question - my graph crosses the x-axis few time. How could I calculate whole red area and whole blue area?

Thanks for help!
clarkexxx Posted - 11/08/2012 : 3:26:19 PM
Thanks a lot. I love Origin.
greg Posted - 11/08/2012 : 2:34:54 PM
Starting from your graph, select Gadgets : Integrate from the menu.
In the dialog that opens, click the Baseline tab and set the Mode to "Constant Y" and Constant to "Custom".
Enter the correct Y value ... a little less than 1.05 ... and click OK.

If you click anywhere within the Region of Interest (ROI - the yellow rectangle) you will get selection handles on the left and right sides which you can use to define the X limits of integration, or you can use the button at the upper right to make various other changes.

You can do the same thing in the Peak Analyzer : Integrate Peaks goal.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000