The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 X axis italics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clianthus Posted - 11/08/2012 : 3:23:08 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Windows 2007

Hi,
I'm a new user to Origin and I'm hoping someone out there can help. I am plotting data for various genus of fungi/insects. I have entered the names into the worksheet and specified the column as an x axis text. My problem is that I can either italicise everything on the x axis, or have it not italicised when I would actually want both e.g.” Penicillin spp.” The only work around I have come up with is to delete all the x axis labels and insert them as individual text boxes which seems a bit extreme.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 11/29/2012 : 12:53:46 PM
Origin's worksheet cells has two mode. One is whole cell mode, which is when uou single click a cell.
The other is in-place edit mode.

So though you have set the data cells to be Rich Text, I guess you selected multiple cells and then set them to be Italic. Then the whole cells are set to be Italic. Then if you later go to inplace edit mode, the Italic button is grayed out.

To verify it, you can click on a cell (Don't double click to go to inplace edit mode).
Check if the Italic button on Format toolbar is pressed down.
If so, click the Italic button to release it.
Then double click the cell to go to inplace edit mode. you should see Italic button is activated now.

Thanks, Snow

quote:
Originally posted by Clianthus

Thank you! For some odd reason I can’t choose italics when I've double clicked into a cell (that option becomes unavailable), BUT the escape sequence works perfectly! Thanks!

Clianthus Posted - 11/13/2012 : 6:08:43 PM
Thank you! For some odd reason I can’t choose italics when I've double clicked into a cell (that option becomes unavailable), BUT the escape sequence works perfectly! Thanks!
Kathy_Wang Posted - 11/12/2012 : 7:57:44 PM
Hi,

I think the problem is that you didn't double click into the cells to edit the texts, as I actually cannot reproduce the problem, if I made the texts in worksheet cells italic by double clicking into the cells.

In addition, you can also use the escape sequences to control the text format for the axis tick label(i.e. the text format in worksheet will not change), in this case the cell format should NOT be rich text.

Kathy
Originlab
Clianthus Posted - 11/12/2012 : 3:28:52 PM
Hello again!
I'm now having some trouble with graphs combining both genus level names and full species names. The full species names will not come out in italics even though they are in italics the workbook. I’ve tried selecting all cells in the workbook and making them rich text, but it still won’t work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Clianthus Posted - 11/08/2012 : 8:23:59 PM
Thanks Kathy! That works great!
Kathy_Wang Posted - 11/08/2012 : 7:46:32 PM
Hi,

You could change the cell formats for the texts to Rich Text in the worksheet, and then you could make part of the texts italic.

To set the cell formats, highlight the cells, right click and choose "Format Cells" in the context menu.

Once the worksheet data format is changed, the tick labels which are created from worksheet data will also change.

Kathy
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000