The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color image plot and color scales

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phics Posted - 11/18/2012 : 1:15:34 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6.0 (44bit) SR3
Operating System: Win 7

I plotted an 'Image plot' from a matrix (converted from XYZ data).
It plotted well, but I could not easily copy and paste the plot to different layer and could not move or resize by click and drag, which were easily done in generally xy 1D plot.
I suspect an option prohibits the kinds of functions. Can I change the option?

I added a color scale bar and I could manually control the color scale by the help of 'Help > Color scales'.
The color scale bar was too long (64 color levels) and I want to reduce it and stretch to another direction but the scale bar has fixed ratio of vertical and horizontal lengths.
How can I change the ratio?

Regards,
HJ
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 11/20/2012 : 12:30:31 PM
1. Clicking on an image plot or contour graph in 8.6 now selects the data ( so you can, for example, apply a palette using the Palette toolbar ). To select the Layer, hold down the Alt key while clicking on the data. I do not know if there is an option for this behavior.

2. I do not understand your question.
The number of levels in the scale is controlled by Format : Plot Properties editing the Level values or click on the work Level and set the number of levels. The width (or height if stretched horizontally) of the color bar is controlled in Color Scale Control. Double-click on the color scale and change your Color bar thickness.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000