The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 can't fit multiple data in multi Y axes plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scalpa Posted - 11/19/2012 : 06:19:50 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1 SR2
Operating System: Win7

Hello,

I have multiple data sets (4 of them with x, xer, y, yer). I plot these on a multiple Y-axes scatter plot. so far so good. then I want to fit the first 3 with a single function. this does not work: as soon as I add the second data set, I get the following error message:
Data for fitting not specified, please, update the input data in the data selection step on setting tabs.
I'm stuck there even if I remove all but one data set.

thanks for helping.

best scalpa
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scalpa Posted - 11/23/2012 : 11:50:47 AM
Hi easwar,

removing the xerr on the multi y axis plot removed also the yerr but then the NLF worked. any way to go around this problem (keep error bars and nlf) ?

thanks,

best

scalpa
easwar Posted - 11/22/2012 : 9:44:09 PM
Hi scalpa,

I think it has to do with the x error being present in the plot, I can reproduce the problem in 8.51, but it works fine in the latest version 9.0.

The fitter does not recognize or use the X error anyway, it only uses the Y error. So please try making a new plot with only X, Y and Yerr, leaving out the Xerr, and then fitting.

Easwar
OriginLab
scalpa Posted - 11/22/2012 : 4:55:51 PM
hi greg,

Nope. did not work. can it come from the multi y axes plot ? the fit window is fine initially and the fit works until I add the second layer. then it gives the error message I mentioned and it remains that way even if I remove this second function.
thanks for helping

scalpa
greg Posted - 11/20/2012 : 12:46:16 PM
I am not sure how you added datasets ...

In the nonlinear curve fitter, the 'triangle' button on the far right of Input Data on the Data Selection page has an option to "Add all plots in active page" which should work for a multi-layer graph.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000