The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graph Line with Attached Text

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cdrozdowski111 Posted - 11/22/2012 : 08:49:17 AM
OriginPro 9.0.0 (Student version) Win& 64-bit running on VMware Fusion 5.0.2

Hello,

I have added a line to a graph at a specific place on the X-axis. Using the Programming Control dialog, I have set the attachment to "Layer and Scales". Using the Object Properties dialog, I have set the alignment to "Vertical" and "Whole Layer". I also set Coordinates to "Units: Scale" and the "Begin" and "End" X-axis to 723/723 respectively.

My goal is for the line to stay at that X-axis point and stretch vertically when I scale in and out of the graph. I HAVE DONE THAT.

However, I also want to attach some sort of label to that line (see image) such that the label is attached at the top of the stretched line and stays there (remain visible) when I scale in and out of the graph.

I added a Text object (meant to label the line) to the graph and tried every combination of settings and cannot get the text to stay aligned with the line and remain visible.

Any suggestions?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cdrozdowski111 Posted - 11/23/2012 : 3:57:18 PM
Thanks for both suggestions, especially the one for 9.0.0- that one is just what I needed.
easwar Posted - 11/22/2012 : 9:57:18 PM
Hi,

As you have ver 9.0, you can also try the menu item:
Graph->Add Straight Line
which will allow adding a vertical or horizontal line at a specified location and provides a label that goes with the line, which can be locked or left editable.

Easwar
OriginLab
cpyang Posted - 11/22/2012 : 09:18:54 AM
You need to use LabTalk for that, see

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Graphic_Objects#Connect_method

Basically, once you have the line setup and text setup, assuming that the line has a name Line1 and the text named Text1, then you do

Line1.Connect(Text1,0);

will do.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000