The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 horizontal Line in graph that doesn't belong there

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Torrac Posted - 12/05/2012 : 06:45:12 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 9G 32bit
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hi guys

I have a problem with a graph I plotted. I got a Dataset with several X and Y values. After I plotted the graph there was a horizontal line with constat Y value in there. It is definately not part of my Dataset...I checked it if there was a constant Y value over all X values. Fact is, I am a nooby with origin. Maybe I just missclicked somewhere but I have absolutely no idea what to do. All other graphs I plotted dont have these lines 8(

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Torrac Posted - 12/06/2012 : 02:30:17 AM
Wow Thank you very much for the fast support. I just didn't see my problem but now as you pointed it out I got it ;)
Kathy_Wang Posted - 12/05/2012 : 8:37:53 PM
Hi,

I examined your opj and the horizontal line was actually part of your data, as the X values were not in ascending order, you could sort the worksheet to rearrange the data, and make sure the X values are in ascending order, this will solve your problem.

I also replied your email with a modified opj file.

Kathy
Originlab
Torrac Posted - 12/05/2012 : 6:07:07 PM
I will send you the file in the next minutes. The line is not selectable...I already tried that
snowli Posted - 12/05/2012 : 2:14:40 PM
Could you save your opj file and email to tech@originlab.com?

BTW, click on the horizontal line to see if it's selectable. If so, double click to see what dialog it opens.

If it opens a Plot Details dialog, it's likely there is other data in the graph. You can check the left panel of the Plot Details dialog to see there are more than 1 entry.

If it opens an Object Properties dialog, maybe you added a line object in graph and saved template with it.

If it opens Axis dialog, maybe you added an Additional line in the graph? You can go to Grid Lines tab in Axis dialog. Choose Vertical on left panel and see if there is checkbox checked in Additional Lines group.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Torrac Posted - 12/05/2012 : 07:37:09 AM
well I dont know why you cant see the pictures 8(
Torrac Posted - 12/05/2012 : 06:48:14 AM
okay I couldnt edit my post so I just post the picture here again...

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000