The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Gaussian_LorenCross FWHM

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hammond2 Posted - 04/08/2013 : 10:49:57 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin 8.6.0, b70
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to fit a peak with a Gaussian-Lorentzian Cross Product and need help finding the correct FWHM. When I fit the peak with a Gaussian function I get a FWHM of ~22 and when I fit a Lorentzian function I get a w of ~16. However, when I use the Gaussian_LorenCross function I get a w of ~8.5 and in the PeakProperties sheet a FWHM of ~500. Looking at the data I would expect something between the Gaussian and Lorentzian FWHM values. How do I correctly extract a reasonable FHWM from the Gaussian_LorenCross function?

Thanks,
Max
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris D Posted - 07/19/2016 : 2:33:19 PM
Hi Navid,

The issue was fixed but in a version more recent than Origin 8.5. Perhaps you can download a demo if our latest version, Origin 2016, from our website and give it a try.

Here is a link to download the demo: http://www.originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Navid_Solati Posted - 07/19/2016 : 11:04:57 AM
Dear Sam,

Actually I have the same problem about FWHM plus having wrong value for "Center gravity" and "Max height". My origin 8.5 pro. Is there any solution for this problem or it is still remaining as a bug?

Best Regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fang

The w value is right. Note that w for Gaussian_LorenCross is half width, so the full width should be 2*w, hence the full width for Gaussian_LorenCross is 2*8.5=17 which is between 16 and 22.

The calculated FWHM for Gaussian_LorenCross is wrong in Origin. It is a bug. We will fix it soon.

As a workaround, I sent an email to you and attached a Workbook in the email. You can type the fitted parameters w and s in the workbook, it will calculate the FWHM value for Gaussian_LorenCross in the last column automatically.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services

krupams Posted - 06/20/2014 : 05:17:51 AM
Hi,

How about the Gauss function where a separate FWHM value is given in the report? While fitting gauss function, should we consider FWHM or 'w' parameter?

Between, how is Gauss function different from gaussian function

Thanks in advance,
Kiruba M S
Sam Fang Posted - 04/09/2013 : 04:29:49 AM
The w value is right. Note that w for Gaussian_LorenCross is half width, so the full width should be 2*w, hence the full width for Gaussian_LorenCross is 2*8.5=17 which is between 16 and 22.

The calculated FWHM for Gaussian_LorenCross is wrong in Origin. It is a bug. We will fix it soon.

As a workaround, I sent an email to you and attached a Workbook in the email. You can type the fitted parameters w and s in the workbook, it will calculate the FWHM value for Gaussian_LorenCross in the last column automatically.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000