The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Prediction bands: find distance from estimate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rdelvill Posted - 04/23/2013 : 09:58:02 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,

Given a linear regression equation y*= .... derived from a set of points a prediction interval for y is y*-E < y < y*+E where E is given by a fairly complicated formula not reproduced here.
Origin can plot the upper and lower limits of the prediction intervals but it is not clear where one can retrieve the parameter E used in the plot. Is there any ways to have it as an output of the calculation or to find it somewhere?

Thanks in advance

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meili_yang Posted - 04/23/2013 : 9:50:03 PM
Hi,

If you choose to plot the prediction band under "fitted curve plot" in the linear fit dialog, besides the parameter report sheet, you should get another sheet contains upper prediction values and lower prediction values by a given x. Subtract either upper or lower prediction value from fitted y value is the value of E by a given x.

E is a function of x. Here you can find the formula to calculate the function. http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/Linear_Regression_Results.html

Meili
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000