The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Editing different regions of a line graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xtimmygx Posted - 04/29/2013 : 9:30:07 PM
Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered as I'm new to the board and couldn't find it using the search function.

I have a line graph which has multiple peaks which each correspond to something different that I would like to make individual colors. For instance, a line plot with 5 peaks and I want to color the baseline black, the 1st peak red, the 2nd peak blue, the 3rd peak green, etc. I was wondering if it was possible to edit individual regions of a line plot to do this?

Previously I have made made new columns that just contain the xy data that corresponds to the peaks and have added those to the layer, but this process is quite time consuming so something easier would be great.

Thanks!

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6.0
Operating System: Windows 8
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 04/30/2013 : 11:10:37 AM
Hello,

Origin supports Ctrl+select multiple ranges of data in same column and plot them.

E.g. suppose column B is the multi-peak data. You can select 1st region in col B. Then press Ctrl key and select the second region in col B. Note: different regions can overlap. Continue to do so to select multiple regions of col B.

Once you finished selecting all regions, you can click Line button to plot line graph.
All regions will be plotted as multiple curves so each region shows a different color.
--> Single Click on the curve once will select all regions of the curve. Single Click on the curve once again will select a subregion. Then you can modify the color on Style toolbar. You can also double click to open Plot Details dialog and modify each regions color on Group tab. There is Line Color control. Click the ... button in Details column to modify the colors used in the group.

If you want to adjust regions, you can double click Layer 1 icon to open Layer Contents dialog.
On the right panel it lists all regions. You can click corresponding Range cell and click ... button to adjust the range. Note: The range is using row index. E.g. [1:20] means plotting from row 1 to row 20.

You can also add another col(B) into the right panel. Adjust the Range to add another region.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000