The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Curve substraction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ning Posted - 05/02/2002 : 4:26:21 PM
Hello, I am new user of Origin 6.0. Can anybody tell me how to substract a curve.

Let's say I have two curve, I want to use one curve to be the baseline. so the second curve needs to substract the baseline curve and then get another new curve after baseline substraction.

How can I do this ..

thanks..
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:34:37 PM
Labtalk support subtraction of two dataset with automatic interpolation, assuming that
"Data1" is your raw data and "Base" is your baseline worksheet and each has A(X) and B(Y), and you want to put the subtraction result into Data1_C, then the follow script will do the trick, assuming that you have plot Data1_B and Base_B into a graph

data1_c = data1_b;
data1_c - Base_B;

the result is put back into data1_C and interpolation on Base_B automatically applied.

if you do, instead,

data1_C -= Base_B;

then there is no interpolation, and the two dataset must match in X values

ning Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:17:25 PM
but my problem is that the two curve have mismatched X value, but I would like to have the Y value of one curve substract the Y value of the other curve. However, the X-values of the two curves are different.

easwar Posted - 05/02/2002 : 6:23:09 PM
Hi,

There is more than one way to do this. Perhaps the one most suitable for you is to use the Origin Baseline Tool (menu item: Tools->Baseline). In the Baseline Tool, you can specify your second dataset as the baseline dataset, then hit the Create Baseline button, and then hit the Subtract button. This does replace the first curve with the result of the subtraction. To keep the original curve, you could keep a copy of that dataset.

Origin's scripting language, LabTalk, can be used to create a custom script for your needs as well.

Easwar
OriginLab.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000