The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Questions about curve fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
huixiaodemao0712 Posted - 05/10/2013 : 02:36:45 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
OriginPro 8.5.0 SR1 b161
Operating System:Windows XP

I want to process my histogram like the figures in this article(Bui P T, Nishino T, Yamamoto Y, et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135 (14), pp 5238¨C5241. ). They are histograms and all the descriptions about the processing method are cited as follows:

1.'Total fitting curves (dashed lines) and Gaussian fitting components (solid lines) are also shown.'
2.'Thus, two Gaussian functions along with an exponential decay having a constant offset were used to fit the histogram.'
3.'The current histograms were fitted with exponential decay and Gaussian functions, which were used to fit the exponential background of the tunneling current and the peak arising from the plateaus, respectively. The fitting was performed without constrains, and the goodness of fit was evaluated by weighted sums of squared errors (WSSR).'

Unfortunately, I still fail to understand their method after I have got a similar histogram. How can I fit the total curve (dashed line) and the peaks(solid lines) for my histogram?

Thanks a lot!

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 05/13/2013 : 09:57:28 AM
Using Origin Pro, the Peak Analyzer should be able to handle this easily. For Baseline, select User-Defined and on the Create Baseline page set 'Connect by' to 'Fitting' and choose 'ExpDec1' or 'ExpDec2'.

If you do not have Pro, I suggest you mask out the peak regions (leave a small unmasked section between the two peak data), then exponential fit to get a background dataset. You can subtract this dataset from the fully unmasked original and then use the fitter on the result.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 05/13/2013 : 06:14:22 AM
Hi,

Please refer to this tutorial page to learn how to do fitting with baseline, http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/Tutorial/Tutorial/Peak_Fitting_with_Baseline.html

If you still have problem, please send us the project file and quote this post, our support email address is tech@originlab.com.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000