The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2D histogram

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
huixiaodemao0712 Posted - 05/21/2013 : 10:57:00 PM
Origin Ver.and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
OriginPro 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System:Windows XP
I have thousands of 2 dimensional curves set in x,y. Now I want to overprint all of them in a new bar graph like the picture below(Figure 1).Briefly, it is called 2D histogram by the author (Kay, N. J. et al,JPCC,2011,115,43,21402-21408) .The descriptions about the figure are as follows:

1.The color scaling represents the density of points having a high conductance, ranging from low (darker blue) to high (red).
2.To construct this 2-D plot, we employed a bin size of 0.012 nS for the conductance data(Y) and a bin size of 0.015 nm for the distance data(X).

I am trying to plot this kind of 2D histogram.Firstly,I active my worksheet and get a matrix(X and Y columns)---Descriptive Statistics---2D Frequency Count/Binning---set x,y bin---check 'Output matrix').Secondly,plot the matrix(('Plot: Wire/Bar/Symbol: Bars') and only get figure 2 .

I have been trying for some time now but do not have a solution to plot the histogram like Figure 1.

Questions:
1.How can I make this 3D bar in 2D pespective like Figure 1?
2.Can the colorful scale bar be continuous ?
Many thanksŁĄ
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meili_yang Posted - 05/22/2013 : 12:24:53 PM
Hi Linda,

2D Binning should give you graphs like Figure 1 and Figure 2. Follow these two tutorials and try to see if it gives you the desired graphs.
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Statistics/DescriptiveStatistics&pid=1177

http://qhwiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:2D_Binning

You may set bin size accordingly, and select color theme from 'Plot Details-Colormap-Fill-Load Palette'.

Meili
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000