The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin objects in Word cross-referenced/corrupted

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wwimley Posted - 05/22/2013 : 7:07:49 PM
I am using Origin 8.5 and Word (Office Pro. 2010). I frequently encounter a very serious problem with embedded Origin objects. Sometimes, when I double click an Origin plot embedded as an object in a Word document to edit it, a different plot in the same document will open instead. Once this happens, the original object can never be opened correctly. If I go back to earlier saved versions of the Word document, the same result occurs (suggesting that the corruption occurred earlier but I did not notice?).

Saving and re-opening the Word file on a different computer does not solve the problem. Cutting and pasting the embedded Object into a new Word/PPT document does not solve the problem. In both cases the wrong embedded object opens. Even if I delete all the other figures and save the Word file with a single Origin object, it opens the wrong object.

Generally multiple objects become cross-referenced at the same time, but never all the objects in the document. And the Object references are not simply swapped. For example, if a document has four embedded Origin Figures (Fig. 1, 2, 3, 4) it might be just fine for weeks. Then one day when I click on Fig 1, Origin will open Fig 4. If I close Origin it will update Fig 1 so that it now shows Fig 4, instead. If I click on the actual Fig. 4, I will see Fig 4).

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meili_yang Posted - 05/24/2013 : 09:45:27 AM
Thanks for your file. It's being processed. Hope you have received our emails.

quote:
Originally posted by wwimley

I am running Origin 8.0.63.988 SR6 v8.0988

quote:
Originally posted by meili_yang

Hi,

Please check your build number. If it's SR0, try to download a patch from here and see how it works:http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=1732
If it's already SR1, you may send your word file to tech@originlab.com. We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

Meili
OriginLab
wwimley Posted - 05/24/2013 : 01:31:38 AM
I am running Origin 8.0.63.988 SR6 v8.0988

quote:

Hi,

Please check your build number. If it's SR0, try to download a patch from here and see how it works:http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=1732
If it's already SR1, you may send your word file to tech@originlab.com. We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

wwimley Posted - 05/23/2013 : 2:15:31 PM
Will do!

quote:

Hi,

Could you send your word file to tech@originlab.com? We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

meili_yang Posted - 05/23/2013 : 2:14:24 PM
Hi,

Meili
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000