The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 plot line chart with discontinuos data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blueice228 Posted - 05/31/2013 : 02:03:52 AM
I am new to origin. I have a sets of data with lots of y sharing a single x axis. Unfortunately I have some values missing in some y. When I tried plotting this on line + symbol chart, the line becomes discontinuous where there is no y data.

Apart from having an unique x axis for each set of y data, is there anyway to connect the lines. Right now I have to manually draw in a line.

Thanks for your help.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blueice228 Posted - 05/31/2013 : 04:04:35 AM
Thanks Jacqueline, it's working now.
You can not believe how long this has been troubling me. I registered here just to ask this question. So many people dont know about this too.
JacquelineHe Posted - 05/31/2013 : 03:53:20 AM
Hi,

To connect lines across missing data, when the graph is active, you can select Format: Page Properties... to open the Plot Details dialog.
Then go to the Display tab and select the Connect line across Missing Data check box. And click OK button.

Please refer to this help page:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/origin/en/UserGuide/Setting_the_Page_Color_and_Other_Page_Display_Preferences.html

Thanks,
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000